About the Immigration Environmental Impact Statement Project
In recent decades, American environmentalists have debated whether or not to weigh in on U.S. immigration policies. Key questions in deciding whether to do so include:
- What roles do immigration and population growth actually play in driving the problems environmentalists want to solve?
- Can we solve these problems without addressing immigration and immigration-driven population growth?
- What are our actual choices with regard to immigration policy, and how can we choose fairly and wisely among them?
With this Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), Progressives for Immigration Reform (PFIR) aims to help concerned environmentalists and policy-makers answer these questions.
The final version of the Environmental Impact Statement is available in pdf format to view online or download:
THE E.I.S Can be view in individual parts:
- Abstract and Executive Summary – May 2016
- Chapter 1 of 4 – May 2016
- Chapter 2 of 4 – May 2016
- Chapter 3 of 4 – May 2016
- Chapter 4 of 4 – May 2016
- Appendix – May 2016